Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

The Top 5 Horror Movies To Watch In 2015



HAPPY HALLOWEEN FOLKS!!!! I hope it's spook-tacular for you and that you share your candy with your favorite blogger...... oh wait, no I mean me. Share it with me! It's Halloween, and in honor of the holiday I'm going to attempt to crank out several posts today. Instead of actually going out and participating the festivities, my friends and I will be having a movie marathon of some classics, and maybe some more modern selections. But with the new year right around the corner comes new movies, and that means more chances to get scared out of your mind. The other day I posted a list of all the movies to see in 2015, and with in that list I mentioned that I would do a post solely dedicated to recommending horror movies, and I'm finally delivering. So with that being said, here you go (*in thick Transylvanian accent* Brace yourselves ghouls and goblin...... muahahaha!):

The Top 5 Horror Movies To See In 2015

5) Insidious Chapter 3. Now some people may just be flat out tired of the Insidious movies. The first was was the best in my opinion. However, they still have that element of intrigue that still has me wanting to watch more. IMDb.com 's synopsis says, "A prequel set before the haunting of the Lambert family that reveals how gifted psychic Elise Rainier reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead in order to help a teenage girl who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity." Starring Dermot Mulroney , Lin Shaye, and Disney Channel's Stefanie Scott. This doesn't sound too bad, so I'll more than likely be in attendance when it hits theater's May 29.

4) Goosebumps. Yes, this was on my top 10 list to see in 2015, but I'm so excited about it that I'm going to use it again. This, to me, is a 100% horror film. Why? Because it genuinely scared the dog snot out of me as as child. IMDb.com's synopsis says, "A young kid teams up with the niece of young adult horror author R.L. Stine after the writer's imaginary demons are set free on the town of Greendale, Maryland." With Jack Black as R. L. Stine, this is one you definitely don't wanna miss. Coming to theaters on August 7.

3) Amatyville: The Awakening. IMDb.com says, "Belle, her little sister, and her comatose twin brother move into a new house with their single mother Joan in order to save money to help pay for her brother's expensive healthcare. But when strange phenomena begin to occur in the house including the miraculous recovery of her brother, Belle begins to suspect her Mother isn't telling her everything and soon realizes they just moved into the infamous Amityville house." This is the prequel to the already made remake. While the Amityville remake with Ryan Reynolds is good on it's own and doesn't need a prequel, I must admit that I'm still intrigued to see the film, especially since it has Bella Thorn.  Go check it out on January 2.

2) Poltergeist. This I'm pretty pumped for! I've actually in just recently seen the original Poltergeist film (I know, it took me long enough.... Hush Up!) I loved it! It was awesome. Now, IMDb.com doesn't have any synopsis up, unfortunately. But, it does have the cast list, and it's pretty slammin': Sam Rockwell, Rosemarie DeWitt, Jared Harris, Nicholas Braun, and Jane Adams. I'm very excited about the upcoming remake. Despite most people's hesitance, I always try to remain optimistic about remakes and/or reboots, because nowadays there is so much that we can do what with CGI and animatronics and sooooo much more. So get ready for a paranormal adventure on July 24. 

& finally, the number one horror film for is to see in 2015 is

1) Frankenstein. Shut. The. Front. Door! This movie is indeed the horror movie that I am MOST excited to see. No synopsis up yet on IMDb.com, but this cast. Dis Cast Dough!!! James McAvoy as the evil Dr, Daniel Radcliffe as IGOR, as well as Andrew Scott and Jessica Browk Findlay. So we have Harry Potter and Professor Xavier helping to make a monster! And then Jim Moriarty is there too! I'm so pumped! This is a classic story being told with some of today's top young actors. I can't wait for October 2 to get here!

There's my list! What do you guys think?Excited  about all of the Remakes? Upset that there isn't anything original coming to theaters? Don't care for horror at all? Let me know in the comments below. Happy Halloween, and be sure to share the Geekery for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *