Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Just An Update On Me


So, it's occurred to me that I've never really shared with all of my many dedicated readers (OK, that may be a stretch, but whatevs.......) that I've never really shared with you guys anything about myself. I mean yeah I have the small bio, and all of these posts are a reflection of myself and my interests and opinions, but I never share what's going on in my life. So I thought that I'd share with you guys some things about me recently: what new games I have, things going on with the church, what the future looks like, etc..I promise that I'll also have an actual blog post posted shortly after this. 

Recently things have been, ...... uhm, ..... Crazy? I guess. I don't really know the right word for it. A lot's been going on, but I haven't necessarily been busy..... Does that make sense? Oh well. 

We're in three weeks into November now, and It's just crazy how fast 2014 has gone by, and all of the different changes in my life. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have a post solely dedicated to looking back at 2014 either at the very end of the year, or immediately after 2015 begins. 

The there are two main things that I wanted to share with you guys, but one I will save for the very last part of the post, because it's the most important. 

I've been sick for almost a full week now (as pictured above) ......... and it sucks! I got sick last weekend after having a hang out night with the youth at church. I'm not blaming them at all! Lol those kids are amazing, and even they had gotten me sick, it would've been worth it. I think it's just how cold I keep my Man Cave and how cold the temperature outside has gotten. I can NOT handle being hot, whatsoever. I keep it cold 24/7. I'm Mr. Snow Miser I guess. But yeah, I've barely done anything this week. I've mostly just been sleeping. I'm even missing the Video Game Olympics that one of the churches in town are hosting!!! *Angry Face!* Just stuck at the Man Cave being all Sicky McGhee over here.

In way of Video Games, last month I picked up Smash Bros! Then this week I picked up my pre-ordered copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of my free-time that I feel like being awake have gone to that! I've also started trying to build an Assassin's Creed collection. I know, I'm getting on board super late. I'm Sorry. But so far I have the first game, and then the Ezio Trilogy, which is composed of the second game, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Then I also got the first Mass Effect on X-Box Live. Another game that I'm way behind on playing, I know. That's about it, that's worth mentioning at least.

Movies: Last Month I saw Annabelle in theaters, and it scared the mess out of me..... I honestly think that may be the scariest movie I've ever seen; I haven't quite decided yet. Then this month I saw Interstellar with my friend Adam, and we both thought it was great.* I've also gotten to see quite a few recent films lately. I've seen X-Men: Days of Future Past, 22 Jump Street, A Million Ways To Die In The West, Neighbors, VHS: Viral, Odd Thomas, and I think that's it. I have a copy of Maleficent now, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm super excited to though. Also, Adam and I, as well as my brother Joel and best bud Dean all watched a ton of scary movies for Halloween including: Poltergeist, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, You're Next, The Excrocist, VHS 1 &2, Village of the Damned, and then the 80's version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. 

Ok, so TV nowadays is just phenomenal, am I right? So far I'm up to date withall of the Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time*, The Flash, Gotham, American Horror Story: Freak Show, and Brooklyn 99. Unfortunately, I've just today finished the VGHS Series, and I shed several tears. Episode 4 of Season 3=Straight to the feels...... I've recently gotten in to the shows Community and The 100. Polar Opposites, I know. I finally got Marvel's Agents of Shield Season 1, and I can finally watch Arrow Season 2 on Netflix now. Other than that, I'm really into the Syfy Show The Almighty Johnsons, and then Girl Meets World (don't you DARE judge me). I can't watch the newest season of Doctor Who because I don't have BBC and am furious everyday over it. I'm ready for Face Off to come back, as well as Wizard Wars, Heroes of Cosplay, and Jim Henson's Creature Show Challenge to come back on, as well as Parks and Rec and Community. 

I'm sure that you guys noticed the astricks (*) in the paragraphs above. One new thing that's happened recently is that I've become on of Geeks Under Grace's (geeksundergrace.com) newest TV Reviewers! Every week I watch Once Upon A Time, review it, and post my thoughts on their website usually every Monday, maybe on Tuesday if it's a busy week. The website is Awesome! They do reviews on just about everything in pop culture: movies, tv shows, music, video games, everything! I'm super thankful to apart of their website, and I hope you guys will go and read my reviews and give me some feedback!

Also, my friend Adam is trying to start up his own blog dedicated to movie reviewing, but he and I are looking at teaming up for some new projects, including starting our own Twitch stream and doing a movie review podcast. He's a major cine-buff, and is a big fan of slasher/horror movies, and really anything from the 80's. I prefer more modern movies. So we kind of have a good yin and yang thing going on. Be looking for more updates on that, and as soon as Adam does his first blog post, I will definitely be sharing the link on here. Also, I have some friends of mine working on designing a 2ndTierGuardian Logo!!!! I'm Super Excited. One of my friends sent me a rough sketch picture and it looks amazing! As soon as it's ready I'll upload the Crap out of it! 

As far as the church is concerned, we're doing great! Members are joining all the time. We have soooo much going on that honestly, there's a place for everyone. Whether you wanna roll up your sleeves and work, or you just have time for a weekly Bible study, or whatever your needs are, our church is awesome about meeting them. Our Pastor Bro. Micah is a one of a kind man who truly wants to help you personally find God's Will for YOUR life and will help you any way he can. I am the youth pastor and do my best to both keep the teens involved and teach them what God has for their lives. This week we made and delivered Thanksgiving Baskets for the members of our church that are shut ins. Last month we We went on a trip to a Haunted Corn Maze. Next month we'll be having a Celebrity Look-A-Like Contest and then our Christmas Party. We tried to start a lesson Series on Cults and Religions of the World, but quickly got side tracked, so come January we'll be picking that back up. It's busy and hectic, but 100% Worth It! 

I feel like I should add something about the Man Cave. Nah, I'll Just Show You Guys!!! 
My Bedroom

Le Shower

My Bathroom Sink

Joel's Messy Bedroom (When He's here, which will be full time come January)

My Closet

Joel's Pantry and Closet

The Work-Station

My Toilet, a Vital Necessity

My Entertainment HQ

My Kitchen

My Living Room (I've gotten a new couch since this was taken, so this couch is in my office at church)

My Bookshelf/Counter


Here's the second thing I wanted to say: I need your prayers. My family needs your prayers. I won't go in to detail (for my families sake), but my Mom is in some pretty bad pain, and my Dad and Brother, as well as the rest of my family back home, are doing everything they can to help her. It's hard for me, because I'm not there anymore. I'll maybe get a phone call once a day to get an update. She's back at work now, which I think is Ridiculous, but she's gotta do what she's gotta do (I don't mean that in a rude way, I just don't want her to get hurt). But, I get to go home next week for Christmas, so maybe I'll get to help her out while I'm there. Just please pray for us.

There ya go guys! Now you know the essentials. Can you guys believe that I'm almost up to 1,000 views?!? It's crazy! I'd love to hit that number before 2015 so Share Share Share!!! I'll try to have something up before I go home next week, but if I don't then I'll make up for it. Also, the week from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve I'll be back home too, so bear with me. I'll be back representing the Geekery like Nobody's Business! Take care guys!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Darn, now that my secret's out, I'll actually have to put up some content.
    Sorry again to heat that you're sick, and about your mom. I pray that both of you are healed soon.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *