Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

5 Of Some Of The Geekiest Things I Do


Some of you may actually reading these posts, and for that I appreciate it. A lot. Some of you may even be "subscribers" and read all of my posts. It's unlikely, but again I appreciate it. But some of you may be wondering, "What makes him an 'expert'?" "What qualifies him as a geek?" Well, I will GLADLY tell you. So, without further ado:

5 Of Some Of The Geekiest Things I Do:
(From eh to woah!)

5) I Named My Car Carol. So, my first ever vehicle was a Jimmy that I called Jimmy (I know, lame). It was awesome, but, I was NOT used to maintaining vehicles. So, I never changed the oil, ...... and...... kapoowie. No more Jimmy. So I saved my money and got myself an '05 Nissan Altima. It's a great car, and i tried so hard to keep it in good shape. But, I have a brother, Joel Campbell (Twitter: @JoelCampbel17 and Youtube: Far From The Tree Productions please check out his content) who, I love him to death, I do, but he isn't the most graceful and/or cautious of drivers. Joel backed in to my Nissan the DAY BEFORE my first payment! HUR MA DUR! Then, one morning I get woken up by my mother telling me that Joel backed in to it, AGAIN, trying to get to school. This car has been viciously abused everything, including a dog, my best friend Dean (Twitter: @bubbadean11), and a pillar of a carport (ok that last one was me, but it was just a scrape, I promise). But the two biggest and most noticeable impacts on my car was from Joel. Now with me being the Walking Dead fanatic that I was, decided to name my car Carol, because she's been abused by men, but she's a valuable asset and get's me where I need to go.

4) I Still Have (and want to buy and play) Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards. I fell in love with Yu-Gi-Oh! growing up. I LOVED Pokemon, and wasn't very athletic or studious in elementary/middle school. My cousin Will introduced me first to the show. I was at first confused, but the more I continued to watch, i became enthralled. Growing up I got a weekly allowance of $5, which was perfect because the local Movie Gallery weekend rentals were $4.99, and so were a pack of Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards. I collected and collected and traded and traded and really spent WAY to much of my parents money on them. Dean and I loved to play and would Duel each other all the time.  One year for Christmas my aunt and uncle actually got me my own Duel Disk! It was AMAZING! Another awesome thing was that when I got into Jr. High, everybody at school played, even the faculty! We had a club at school on Saturdays. I eventually got to where I had two awesome decks: one that was Dragon, Wizard, Warrior based, and the other was an Elemental Hero Deck (I know that most people think that the elemental hero cards are overrated, but honestly it works, and it if it didn't it wouldn't make people as angry). So I kept them. I have an urge every time I go to Walmart to go look and buy. I have no one to play with anymore, but whenever a challenger ever comes my way, I'll be ready to use the "Heart of the Cards!"

3) My Current Voice Mail Is Me Imitating The 11th Doctor. I've mentioned in previous posts that I've recently this year been introduced to Dr. Who and am Obsessed! Well, a few weeks back one of the younger kids at church were messing around with my voice mail and I was like, "Hey, I do a mean Matt Smith.... I'ma make a Dr. Who voice mail!" So I did....... And it's stayed that way out of sheer laziness. I've gotten a lot of calls since then..... including calls from my parents, my pastor, church members, and I wanna say an actual preaching appointment (this is meant to be funny, but some of you are just gonna be all shake my head this is so sad). So..... yeah......

2) Explain to People Why My Social Media Alias is 2nd Tier Guardian. This is something that i get asked fairly regularly "Where did you come up with the name?" "What does it mean?" I am a huge Guardians of the Galaxy fan (yes, even before it came out as a movie). Rocket Raccoon has been one of my favorite Marvel characters for years now. So when I found out about the movie, I was PUMPED! I saw the movie and absolutely LOVED IT!!! So beautifully made. I had also been having problems with my first twitter account. I for some reason was continuously and involuntarily following Hebrew-posting people for some reason, and I couldn't make it stop, so I deactivated the account. However, I have an addiction to social media, and needed a new account. This was shortly after watching Guardians, so it was fresh on my mind. Thus, 2nd Tier Guardian was created (Twitter: @2ndTierGuardian). The idea was that whenever the Guardians of the Galaxy are busy and someone still requires aid, they can just call me, 2nd Tier Guardian. After I made the new account, I later started this blog, and soon I just replaced all of my social media accounts with the name (except Facebook, I have to keep more professional looking for work).

& finally, by far one of the geekiest things I've EVER done

1) Have Sat Down And Have Determined The Best Casting Choice For A Live-Action Pokemon Movie. As those of you that have kept up with these posts can probably tell, I'm big into Pokemon. Now I know that most people are all, "Oh man, first gen or nothing!" I'm not like that, I've quite enjoyed all of the generations. However, if a live-action movie is going to be made (and it should!) then they've got yo start with the first gen. So, being the fan that I am, I teamed up with one of best friends in the world Jared (Twitter: @jaredconatser) one week at church camp, and we have compiled the perfect Cast for a First Generation Pokemon Movie! It is as followed:

Dream Cast for 1st Gen Pokemon Movie

Ash Ketchum-Josh Hutcherson
Misty-Emma Stone
Brock-Taylor Lautner
Professor Oak-Kristoff Waltz
Gary-Adam Scott
Jesse-Chloe Dykstra
James-Chris Hardwick
Meowth-Bill Hader
Giovani-Hugo Weaving
Nurse Joy-Emily Blunt
Officer Jenny-Anna Kendrick

Before some of you get outraged over the whole Taylor Lautner thing: tell me a better choice...... That's what I though. It just seems to make sense.

But there ya go! That's just a few of the geekiest things I do. Let me know what you all think, and please, share if you can out geek-me. And, look forward to another post about more geeky things I do. Continue onward in the way if Geekery my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *