Search This Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Top 10 Movies To See In 2015


With 2014 winding down and there not being too to many more movies to see this year (check out my previous post in the movies still left to see this year), everyone is anticipating the upcoming films for next year. 2015 is definitely going to be a movie FULL of epic cinema! My bank account may become extinct from gas and movie tickets!! So naturally I have a list of films that we all need to see. Please note that I won't be posting any spoilers, just the film title and the synopsis from IMDb.com, and then a comment about why I'm so excited about it. Now, with that being said..... Hold on to your hats, because I am about to do something I've NEVER DONE BEFORE!!!! Prepare yourselves...... A Top 10 List (Sorry that not every movie poster is featured in the picture. I couldn't find all of the posters and i couldn't find an app that would let me add all 10 posters.)! So here it is: 
The 10 Movies I Can't Wait To See In 2015

10) Inside Out. "Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school." Why is this on my list? 1) Disney. 2) Pixar. And 3) Bill Hader and Amy Poehler. Experts in comedy combined with the classic elements of Disney and Pixar, and this will be amazing! Coming to theaters June 19.

9) Cinderella. "The story of 'Cinderella' follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drizella into the family home. But, when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella since she used to work in the cinders, Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother's dying words and to 'have courage and be kind.' She will not give in to despair nor despise those who abuse her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears as if her fortunes may be about to change when the Palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella's hopes of once again encountering the charming 'Kit.' Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand as a kindly beggar woman steps forward and, armed with a pumpkin and a few mice, changes Cinderella's life forever." This is another Disney film, which is again one of the main reasons I want to see this. I also love (as you will know from one of my previous posts) fairy-tales and fairy-tale adaptations. I've loved the Alice in Wonderland film by Disney as well as Oz: The Great And Powerful, and I super wanna see Maleficent. Also this movie has Helena Bonham Carter, Cate Blanchett, and then Hayley Atwell and Stellan Skarsgard (who has both been in Marvel/Disney films), who are all just phenomenal actors and actresses. Coming to theaters March 13.

8) Pan. "The story of an orphan who is spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he finds both fun and dangers, and ultimately discovers his destiny -- to become the hero who will be forever known as Peter Pan." I promise that this will be the last Disney film on the list..... ok well technically. This film has the shortest synopsis, but it has some of the biggest names for their casts. Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyried, as well as Garrett Hedlund has got me more than intrigued. Also, Peter Pan is one of my all time favorite Disney Films, only second to The Black Cauldron (which my fingers are crossed that one day they'll try to live-action remake it) and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Captain Hook is my all time favorite Disney villain/character. Coming to theaters Jully 17.

7) Goosebumps. "A young kid teams up with the niece of young adult horror author R.L. Stine after the writer's imaginary demons are set free on the town of Greendale, Maryland." This is on my list because I was absolutely HORRIFIED of this series growing up. But, I love it now! I love Horror!! The Goosebumps series is hilarious, and this new movie coming up has Jack Black as R. L. Stine himself. It also has Dylan Minnette, who is in the recent Disney film Alexander and the blah blah blah blah blah, as well as Halston Stage from Disney's A.N.T. Farm, and Ryan Lee from Super 8. Then as far as adults from non-Disney films there's Kumail Nanjani and Ken Marino. Coming to theaters August 7. 

6) Kingsman: The Secret Service. "A veteran secret agent takes a young upstart under his wing." That's straight up all that IMDb.com synopsis. This is gonna be an action packed and start-studded film. It's awesome who all is in this: Samuel Jackson, Colin Firth, Mark Hamill, Mark Strong, Michael Caine, Jack Davenport (Norrington from Pirates of the Caribbean), and I think the noteworthy Richard Brake (Chill from the Nolan Trilogy Batman). Now I'm not usually one for just action movies, but this looks like it will be just as funny as it will be action-packed. Coming to theaters February 13.

5) Jurassic World. Unfortunately there is no synopsis available on IMDb.com. I hope that you all don't crucify me, but I haven't seen a Jurassic Park movie. I saw a couple of snippits of the first movie, but that's it. I would definitely like to see them, don't get me wrong. This movie has another big cast: Chris Pratt, Judy Greer, Jake Johnson, Vincent D'Onforio, Nick Robinson, BD Wong, and then the very funny Eric Edelstein. Coming to theaters June 12.

4) Ant-Man. "Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world." I am SO PUMPED for these last few picks, and I am a HUGE Ant-Man fan in the comics. Ant-Man really isn't that well known to most people, only to the few dedicated comic fans, until recently. This cast is amazing (I know I keep hyping casts, but honestly you could have a great movie but if you cast Frankie Muniz and Billy Zane, then the movie is still going to be crap): Paul Rudd, michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Judy Greer (again), Corey Stoll, Bobby Cannavale, John Slattery, T.I. (???),  and Michael Pena. I'm pumped to see how Ant-Man will effect the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Phases 2 and 3 of the Avengers Line-Up. Coming to theaters July 17 (the same weekend as Pan).

3) Mad Max: Fury Road. "An apocalyptic story set in the furthest reaches of our planet, in a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, and most everyone is crazed fighting for the necessities of life. Within this world exist two rebels on the run who just might be able to restore order. There's Max, a man of action and a man of few words, who seeks peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos. And Furiosa, a woman of action and a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland." Honestly, the only movie I've seen in the mad Max series is Road warrior. I loved it! It was awesome, and very VERY different. I'm pretty excited for Fury Road. It's got a pretty killer cast with Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hault, Zoe Kravitz, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Coming to theaters May 15. 

2) Star Wars Episode 7. This is all IMDb.com has to say, "A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI - The Return of the Jedi (1983)." I know for a fact that I would be crucified if I didn't put this at close to the top of my list. Star Wars Episode 7 is definitely something that I am chomping at the bits to see. I've sen all of the films, but different parts at different times, so I will definitely be watching all of them before I go see the film. J. J. Abrams has geniusly brought back original stars from the series as well as a ton of up and coming actors: Harrison Ford, Adam Driver, Domhall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong'o, Oscar Isaac, Max von Sydow, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, and the most recent Warwick Davis. Coming to theaters December 18.

& finally, my absolute, hands-down, gotta see it movie in 2015

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron. "When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and it is up to The Avengers to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans." HUR MAH DUR!!!!!!! This is the absolute most important film to me next year. I mean Holy Poop! Marvel has absolutely discovered the secret to making series of films. Literally on IMDB.com the first 18 actors are huge: Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Aaron Taylor-Johnson, James Spader, Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Hemsworth, Colbie Smulders, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel Jackson, Hayley Atwell, Paul Bettany, Andy Serkis, Lou Ferrigno, Stellan Skarsgard (whoot whoot), Stan lee, and Don Cheadle. We've had 5 films leading up to the first Avengers film, and have had our 4 leading up to Avengers: Age of Ultron. I Can Not WAIT! Coming to theaters May 1.

And there she is, my Top 10 Movies To See In 2015. What do you guys think? Anything you're wanting too see even more than Age of Ultron? Dreading the newest installment of Star Wars?? Please, let me know in the comments below. Also, be looking for my next post, The Top 5 Horror Films in 2015. I felt they deserved their own post. So go see my list of movies still left to see in 2014, get pumped for a total of 15 film recommendations in 2015, and as always, keep that Geekery feeling alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *